Thursday, October 8, 2009

Missed Opportunities

Tyler - I consider myself very lucky to have someone who lives in my house with me keeping me accountable for my workouts - it makes it that much easier to kick off the covers at 5:55 in the morning and "hang out with Tony". I have been struggling with cravings a little bit - but not too badly. What I do notice is all the times and places that I do get cravings and realize - "wow, I would have grabbed coke there", or "usually I would have stopped there and picked up some skittles" (c'mon, it's a full day's supply of Vitamin C in the King Size pack...). It made me realize how I got in the shape I'm in today. And it makes me think about the shape I'll be in a year from now if I just go back to my old habits once these 90 days are done.
On a positive note, although the workouts aren't easy, I'm getting used to keeping up with the 3/4 pace, and doing a better job of maintaining my form. I don't expect to get hired for an infomercial yet, but the hard work is starting to render some results. I don't expect much just yet - most people don't look too different in their 30-day photos. Still, even these initial, small changes are encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment